This document describes how to delete custom images.
Before deleting custom images, please note the following items:
- After a custom image is deleted, it can no longer be used to start a new CVM instance, but will not affect instances that have already been started. If you want to delete all instances started from this image, see Reclaiming Instances or Terminate Instances.
- A custom image that has been shared with others cannot be deleted. To delete it, you need to cancel image sharing first. For more information, see Cancel Image Sharing.
- You can only delete the custom image, not common image or shared image.
Delete images through the console
- Log in to the CVM Console.
- On the left sidebar, click Images and select the Custom Image tab to enter the custom image management page.
- Select the method to delete custom images based on actual needs.
- Deleting a single image: locate the custom image to be deleted in the image list and click More > Delete.
- Deleting multiple images: select all custom images to be deleted in the image list and click Delete on the top.
- In the pop-up window, click OK.
If the deletion fails, possible reasons will be prompted.
Delete images through API
You can use the DeleteImages API to delete images. For details, see Delete Images.