You can create buckets on the Bucket List page on the COS Console. For more information on buckets, see Bucket Overview.
Up to 200 buckets are allowed under the same user account (regardless of region).
- Log in to the COS Console.
- On the left sidebar, click Bucket List to enter the bucket list page, and then click Create Bucket.
- In the pop-up Create Bucket dialog box, configure the following information:
- Name: Enter a custom bucket name; this cannot be modified once configured. For naming instructions, see Naming Conventions.
- Region: Select the COS region corresponding to the physical zone where your business (or number of users) is concentrated. This cannot be modified once configured. For more information on regions, see Regions and Access Domain Names.
- Access Permissions: Three access permissions are available for buckets by default: "Private Read/Write", "Public Read/Private Write" and "Public Read/Write". This can be modified after configured. For more information, see Setting Access Permission.
- Bucket Tag: A bucket tag is used as an identifier to manage buckets. For more information, see Setting Bucket Tags.
- Server-Side Encryption: Currently, the only supported bucket encryption method is SSE-COS encryption (i.e., server encryption using COS-managed keys). For more information on server encryption, see Server Encryption Overview.
- Verify that all the information entered is correct, and then click OK to create the bucket. You will then be able to view the newly created bucket on the Bucket List page.