If you are using COS for the first time, you are recommended to first read COS Overview, Specifications and Limits, and FAQs.
In the COS Console, you can quickly create a bucket, upload/download objects, and do more. The steps are as follows:
Step 1. Sign up for a Tencent Cloud account
If you already have a Tencent Cloud account, you can ignore this step.
Step 2. Verify your identity
If you already have done so, you can ignore this step.
For more information on how to verify your identity, please see Identify Verification Overview.
Step 3. Activate the COS service
Step 4. Create a bucket
- Log in to the COS Console and click Bucket List on the left sidebar to enter the bucket management page.
- Click Create Bucket and enter the bucket information.
- Name: bucket name, such as
- Region: region where the bucket resides. Please select the region closest to you. For example, if you are in Shenzhen, you can select the Guangzhou region.
- Access Permission: bucket access permission. For example, you can select "private read/write".
- Click OK.
Step 5. Upload an object
- Click the bucket name to enter the bucket list page.
- Select Upload File > Select File and select a file to upload to the bucket, such as
- Click Upload.
Step 6. Download an object
- Click Details on the right of the
exampleobjext.txt file to enter the file attribute page.
- Click Download Object in Basic Information to download the object. Or, click Copy Temporary Link, paste the link into a browser, and press Enter to download the object.
We are deeply sorry for any inconvenience. Please contact us by submitting a ticket.
To learn more about operations in the COS Console, such as setting bucket access permissions, hotlink protection, and log management, please see Console Guide.