You can enable inventory for your bucket in the COS console. The inventory feature allows you to regularly (daily/weekly) publish inventory reports about the object attributes, configurations, and more. For more information about inventory, please see Inventory Overview. The following describes how to enable the inventory feature for a bucket.
- You can configure multiple inventory jobs for a single bucket.
- Inventory jobs do not directly read the object content during execution. Instead, they only scan the attribute information such as the object metadata.
- Currently, the inventory feature is not available for Finance Cloud regions.
You have created a bucket. For more information, please see Creating Buckets.
- Log in to the COS console.
- In the left sidebar, click Bucket List and then click the desired bucket (source bucket) for which you want to enable inventory.
- Choose the Basic Configurations tab and then click Inventory > Add Inventory.
- On the Add Inventory page, configure the following parameters:
- Inventory Name: name of the published inventory report
- Destination Bucket: bucket where the inventory is stored. Defaults to the source bucket. The destination bucket must be in the same region as the source bucket.
- Report Prefix (Optional): prefix selected for the destination bucket. The prefix can be used to group the inventory files in a public location. The default value is used initially.
- Status: enables/disables the inventory feature.
- Advanced Settings: advanced configurations for inventory. If not set, the default values will be used.
- Output Format: The default value is CSV.
- Object Version: whether to include all object versions or only the current version in the inventory. If not set, only the current version will be included.
- Generate Lifecycle: specifies whether to export the inventory Everyday (default) or Everyweek. For example, an inventory added at 15:00 today will be generated and delivered to the destination bucket before 6:00 tomorrow in most cases.
- Filter Prefix (Optional): filters only objects with the specified prefix in the inventory. If not set, no prefix filter will be applied.
- Filter Time (Optional): filters only objects modified after the specified time or within the specified period in the inventory. If not set, no time filter will be applied.
- Inventory Encryption: whether to encrypt the inventory on the server. Options include:
- None: The inventory is not encrypted (default).
- SSE-COS: Encrypt the inventory report using server-side encryption with COS-managed key. For more information, please see SSE-COS Encryption in the COS Developer Guide.
- Inventory Information: object information to be included in the inventory report. Options include object size, storage class, ETag, cross-bucket replication status, multipart upload status, and last updated time. If not specified, all will be selected.
ETag (entity tag) is the hash value of the object. It only reflects changes in the object content but not the object metadata. The value of
ETag is not necessarily the MD5 checksum of the object. The value can be different if the uploaded object is encrypted.
- Click Save. In this way, COS will publish inventory reports and deliver them to the destination bucket you set daily or weekly.
For more information about the format and content of the generated inventory reports, please see Inventory Overview.