Last updated: 2019-11-01 16:25:17PDF
In COS that comes with no folders, objects are stored in a flat structure. To make it easier for you to get started, objects named by using "/" as suffix in the object key can be used as "folders". In fact, the storage space of a "folder" in COS is 0.
The folder name is limited to 255 characters, and the reserved characters and fields are not supported as follows:
- Reserved characters: [con], [aux], [nul], [prn], [com0], [com1], [com2], [com3], [com4], [com5], [com6], [com7], [com8], [com9], >[lpt0], [lpt1], [lpt2], [lpt3], [lpt4], [lpt5], [lpt6], [lpt7], [lpt8], and [lpt9].
- Reserved ASCII control characters:
Up (↑): CAN (24)
Down (↓): EM (25)
Right (→): SUB (26)
Left (←): ESC (27)
- Log in to the COS console, and select Bucket List from the left side bar to enter the Bucket List page. Click the bucket you want to create folder and enter the bucket.
- Click Create folder and the Create new folder dialog box pops up.
- Enter the folder name and click OK to save it.Naming Rules for Folders are as follows:
- A combination of numbers, letters and visible characters is supported.
- A folder cannot begin with
/and does not allow two or more consecutive
- A subdirectory can be created quickly by separating the path by
- The folder name cannot be empty.
- Do not use
..as the folder name.
Folders do not support renaming, please note the naming.