In COS that comes with no folders, objects are stored in a flat structure. To make it easier for you to get started, objects whose object keys are suffixed with
/ can be used as "folders", but the "folders" are actually objects occupying 0 KB in COS.
The length of the folder name cannot exceed 255 characters, and ASCII control characters are not supported.
ASCII control characters are as follows:
- Up (↑): CAN (24)
- Down (↓): EM (25)
- Right (→): SUB (26)
- Left (←): ESC (27)
You have created a bucket. For more information, see Creating a Bucket.
- Log in to the COS Console and click Bucket List on the left sidebar to enter the bucket list page.
- Click the bucket in which you want to create the folder to enter the bucket management page.
- Click Create Folder in the File List tab.
- Enter a folder name in the Create Folder dialog box. The folder naming rules are as follows:
- A combination of numbers, letters and visible characters is supported.
- A subdirectory can be created by separating the path by
- Do not start with
/ or use two or more
- Do not leave the folder name empty.
- Do not use
.. as the folder name.
Folders cannot be renamed.
- Click OK to complete the creation.
- You can view the folder in the File List tab.