You can restore archived objects in the COS Console for further access and operations. For more information about object storage classes, see Storage Class.
The restoration operation will create a copy of the object in standard storage class, which can be read and downloaded. The object copy will be billed as a standard storage object. For pricing details, see Product Pricing.
- Log in to the COS Console and click Bucket List in the left sidebar to enter the bucket list page.
- Click the bucket name to enter the bucket details page.
- Click File List, select a single object or multiple objects you want to restore, and click Restore under More Actions.
- In the Restore Archived Objects pop-up window, configure the restoration mode and the validity period in days of the copy. The related configuration items are detailed below.
- Recovery Mode: Standard, Expedited, or Batch.
- Expedited mode: This is the fastest mode. Files below 256 MB can be restored in 1 to 5 minutes. When you need to access the archival data urgently, using this mode can greatly reduce the time required.
- Standard mode: Restoration can be completed generally in 3 to 5 hours.
- Batch mode: If your need for the archival data is not urgent, this mode can help retrieve massive amounts of data generally in 5 to 12 hours with the lowest cost.
- Validity: set the number of days after which the copy would automatically expire and be deleted. The value range is 1 to 365 days. After the object is successfully restored, you can click Restore again to change the validity period of the copy in the pop-up window.
See the figure below:
- Click OK after configuration, and the object restoration will start. You can click Details to enter the object details page and check whether the restoration has been completed.
- After confirming that the object has been successfully restored, you can click Restore again to modify the validity period of its copy.
- Enter the object details page where you can access, download, and do more with the object.