You can specify COS INTELLIGENT TIERING as the storage class of your objects to reduce storage costs. Objects are automatically moved between two storage tiers (frequent access and infrequent access) when access patterns change.
INTELLIGENT TIERING is ideal for data with unknown or changing access patterns. It offers the same low latency and high throughput as STANDARD while featuring lower costs. Users can change the storage class of objects with uncertain access patterns from STANDARD to INTELLIGENT TIERING as needed to reduce in-cloud storage costs.
For more information, please see Overview - INTELLIGENT TIERING.
- Currently, INTELLIGENT TIERING is only available in the Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou, and Chongqing regions. The Chongqing region only supports API operations.
- Storage usage fees of INTELLIGENT TIERING are described as follows:
- Storage fees for data in the frequent access tier are consistent with the list price of STANDARD.
- Storage fees for data in the infrequent access tier are consistent with the list price of STANDARD_IA.
- The request fees of INTELLIGENT TIERING are consistent with that of STANDARD. The traffic fees, management feature fees, and supported regions are the same as those of other storage classes. INTELLIGENT TIERING involves no data retrieval fees but does involve object monitoring fees. For more information, please see Product Pricing.