Last updated: 2019-09-30 17:37:02PDF
With versioning, you can store multiple versions of an object in a bucket and retrieve, delete, or restore a specified version. This can help you recover from data loss caused by accidental deletion or application failure.
- Once versioning is enabled for the bucket, it cannot be disabled. However, you can suspend versioning to stop object versioning.
- After versionning is enabled, newly uploaded objects will generate multiple versions and take up storage space, so these versions of the object will also charge for storage.
- Log in to the COS Console and click Bucket List in the left sidebar to enter the bucket list page.
- Click the bucket to be configured to enter the bucket details page.
- Click Advanced Configuration on the left to enter the advanced configuration page of the bucket, scroll down to Versioning, and click Edit on the right.
- Click Enable in “Status” and save the change. In the pop-up window, click OK to enable versioning. When you no longer need versioning, you can simply click Disable to disable it.