This document describes how to enable the default CDN acceleration domain name.
Starting from May 9, 2022, COS will stop supporting default CDN acceleration domain names for buckets that have never used them. This change will not affect buckets that are using or once used default CDN acceleration domain names. However, we recommend you switch to custom CDN acceleration domain names instead. For more information on custom CDN acceleration domain names, see Enabling Custom CDN Acceleration Domain Name.
- Log in to the COS console.
- Click Bucket List on the left sidebar.
- Click the target bucket to enter the Bucket Configuration page.
- On the left sidebar, select Domains and Transfer > Default CDN Acceleration Domain and click Edit.
- Enable Default CDN Acceleration Domain and configure the following options:
- Acceleration Region: CDN acceleration is supported for the Chinese mainland, outside the Chinese mainland, as well as global acceleration for buckets across all regions.
- Origin Type: The origin type usually defaults to Default Endpoint, but if you have enabled static website for the origin bucket and want to accelerate content delivery for the static website, select Static Website Endpoint.
- Origin-pull Authentication: For public-read buckets, you don't need to enable origin-pull authentication. For private-read buckets, you need to enable origin-pull authentication after adding CDN service authorization.
Domain Management is inaccessible if you have never used the CDN service. To activate it, go to the CDN console.
- Click Save.
For private-read buckets, if both origin-pull authentication and CDN service authorization are enabled, signature is not required for access to the origin through CDN, and cached resources in CDN will be delivered over the public network, which will affect the data security. Therefore, we recommend you enable CDN authentication.
Enabling origin-pull authentication
For a private-read bucket, authorize the CDN service before you can enable origin-pull authentication.
- On the Default CDN Acceleration Domain configuration page, click Add CDN Service Authorization and proceed as prompted.
- Toggle on Origin-pull Authentication to enable origin-pull authentication for your bucket.
- Click Save.
After clicking Save, you can see the default CDN acceleration domain name has been enabled, with the status of CDN Authentication displayed at the bottom. Click Authentication Configuration to begin the configuration.
For more information on how to configure CDN authentication, see the Authentication Configuration section in Instruction.