You can set or modify bucket access permissions using the COS Console or APIs. COS supports two permission types:
- Public Permissions: Private Read/Write, Public Read/Private Write, and Public Read/Write. For more information, see Type of Access in the "Bucket Overview".
- User Permissions: The root account has all the permissions (full control) for buckets by default. In addition, you can add sub-accounts that are granted permissions to read/write data and read/write permissions, and even full access to buckets.
You can modify the access permissions for a bucket in Permission Management.
- Log in to the COS Console. On the left sidebar, click Bucket List to open the Bucket List page.
- Locate the bucket for which you want to set or modify access permissions, and then click the bucket name.
- In the Bucket Configuration page, click Permission Management to set Public Permissions and User Permissions for the bucket (for example, add a sub-account).
- Click Save to apply the access permissions.